The summer holidays are finally here! What do you have planned for this summer?
We have given this a lot of thought and as we have kids ourselves we have done the hard part and found the BEST activities we know your family will enjoy.
First up we have Go Ape which hosts an adventure like no other. From swinging through the treetops, rock climbing, forest Segway’s to adventure playgrounds for the smaller humans, there is something to do for the whole family. Go Ape is dotted around the whole country so we’re sure you’ll find a treetop adventure near you. But remember, dress comfortably, bring a spare change of clothes and most of all, have fun! https://goape.co.uk/
Most of us love a theme park and the UK hosts a vast choice of theme parks such as Peppa Pig World and Chessington World of Adventure for the tots and Thorpe Park and Alton Towers for the bigger kids and adults!
Our favourite has to be Peppa Pig World at Paultons Park, there is a small place in our hearts for little Peppa, so tap the link and get booking https://paultonspark.co.uk/themed-worlds/peppa-pig-world
At-home activities can be just as fun, it’s mostly all about planning and being prepared for the mess! When there are kids around it can be hard to get them to focus on one thing….and to keep their attention. Here are our 3 big tips for at-home activities:-
- Bracelet making – Amazon sells huge kits for kids with hundreds of beads and rainbow string, we know both boys and girls will love. https://amzn.to/2VjvaJ0
- Mask making – another super fun and easy activity which includes drawing, cutting and glueing. Grab some multicoloured paper, feathers and even dry pasta and get creative.
- Slime making – ok, this can be messy but fun and engaging for the kids. We recently tried this ourselves at a local workshop and it was pretty cool! Here’s a how-to link: https://bit.ly/375Q559
Making exercise fun
Exercise is all about moving the body, it doesn’t have to be complicated. Some of us may feel de-motivated with the kids around but that doesn’t have to be the case. Remember, children love movement, interaction & imitating, so what better way to get moving than with your family. Here are some fun activities that include exercise:
- Wildlife walks – find a well wooded area and go for a long walk. Maybe bring a little explorers net and magnifying glass for the kids who can search for bugs to keep them interested, and at the end of a nice long walk, have a picnic!
- Scavenger hunt – paint some large stones with your children and hide them around the garden or local park by yourself, then watch how much fun the kids have looking for them. You can even get your local community involved and whenever you’re at a local park, you’ll randomly find pretty stones for your kids to re-hide and share with others. Exercise and fun!
- Get those legs working and find a local lake that hosts pedal boats – this is a really fun activity that’ll also be exciting for the kids. Usually, pedal boats are found in lovely parks with lots of walking and beautiful scenery. Finish the day off with ice cream and a tasty picnic.
- Do a family workout with niix!
Whatever you get up to this summer, you’ll have support from us at niix. Life is about having fun and spending time with those you love.
These are just our ideas, so if you have any other ideas, please comment below, we would love to hear from you!