You will need
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 finely diced red onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 50g red lentils
- 150ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- In a large pan, dry fry the cumin and coriander over a medium heat for 30 seconds, then add 1tbsp of olive oil. Pop in the onion with a pinch of salt and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute stirring throughout and then add the lentils.
- Add the stock and tomatoes bring to a simmer and let the soup cook for 20 minutes.
- Once your soup is cooked serve and season to taste.